On Tue, Jun 22, 2021 at 1:23 AM Steven Penny <srp...@gmail.com> wrote:

> OK, so all all these decades of experience, why cant anyone produce a small
> program to demonstrate the problem?

I must say, I'm impressed by Dan taking the time to actually provide one.

My answer to this would have been: Because we would have to take time out
of our lives just to prove a stranger on the internet, that he's wrong
about something. And that's just not a convincing incentive.

You complain:

> You calling "go look through 3200 lines of Go code" (not including tests)
> [1] a
> "clear path" is a dubious comment at best.

And it's fair not wanting to wade through the code (I didn't). But we did
give you a much clearer and simpler way: The API contract says you should
call Close, so you should. This requires almost no time to confirm.

Again, the interest to write correct code should be *yours* here. It is
unreasonable to complain that you would have to wade through the code and
expect us to not only do *that*, but then *also* carefully craft a program
which proves you wrong - when the only person who benefits from it is you
and the only reason it's necessary is that you refuse to keep to a simple
API contract.

Again, kudos to Dan. He certainly was a lot more willing to sacrifice his
time for the benefit of a stranger than I would've been or is reasonable to
expect.

Either they cant be bothered, or they dont