In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
        "Robin  Houston" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> On the subject of new golf, I wonder if you golfers all know about
> http://codegolf.com?
>
> The rules are not quite the same as traditional Perl golf: the most
> important difference is that the whole of the shebang line counts
> towards the size, which effectively penalises the use of switches by
> seven strokes ("#!perl" + the newline) and makes the }{ business less
> useful.

That's the major issue stopping me. A
7 stroke penalty to use options is just too much.

> The other significant differences are that programs have to terminate
> within 4 seconds of wall-clock time on the server, and that modules -
> even core modules - can't be used. But it's just as fun to play IMO.

And I'm not too wild about this one either. Usually it's not much of a
problem, but for things like "calculate pi to 1000 places" in a languages
without builtin bignums, it's just too painfull

And of course I'm trying not to waste too much time on golf...