Thanks for the reply. But it certainly isn't working the way you described.
I recently changed to a flex environment to test GCS with the API tools,
and file paths worked fine. However, in the standard environment it doesn't
work. As stated I get this error:

Warning: file_get_contents(gs://sendgrid-inbound/12/envelope.json): failed
to open stream: "\google\appengine\ext\cloud_storage_streams\
CloudStorageStreamWrapper::stream_open" call failed in
/Users/thom/Engine/site-com/main.php on line 10

I think you may have a bug with the Google Cloud Storage stream wrapper. It
works in production just fine, but like I said, no luck on local machine.

On Tuesday, August 8, 2017 at 9:35:11 AM UTC-6, George (Cloud Platform
Support) wrote:

> Hello Thomas,
>
> In case of the local development server, the Google Cloud Storage stream
> wrapper is built in to the run time, and is used when you supply a file
> name starting with gs://. The wrapper requires the name of the bucket or
> file object to be in the form:
>
> gs://bucket_name/desired_object_name
>
> You can gather more detail from the "Reading and Writing Files"
> documentation file
> <https://cloud.google.com/appengine/docs/standard/php/googlestorage/>.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/89806985-0791-4eb3-bba9-90c51aa514a0%40googlegroups.com.
  • [google-appengine... Thomas Valadez
    • [google-appe... 'George (Cloud Platform Support)' via Google App Engine
      • [google-... Thomas Valadez
        • [goo... 'George (Cloud Platform Support)' via Google App Engine
          • ... Thomas Valadez
            • ... 'George (Cloud Platform Support)' via Google App Engine
              • ... Thomas Valadez
                • ... 'Yannick (Cloud Platform Support)' via Google App Engine