Hidden *subproblems*. The subproblems are going to be equivalent to
different inputs, visible and hidden ones being equivalent to small and
large inputs of past Code Jams in the sense that you got the results from
small inputs immediately after you submitted them but large input results
were not revealed until after the contest. However, they have added
language suggesting there will be more inputs which programs are tested on,
making it likely that some programs will get partial credit for passing a
portion of the tests, and thus reducing the massive number of ties that
have to be broken by time. It sounds more like Hackerrank where there are
sometimes a dozen or more inputs which a single program is tested against.
Since they are running the programs and capturing the outputs themselves,
rather than you having to download and run inputs and upload results
individually for each case, it is feasible to do this where it was not
before.