Hi,

There were 1000 advancers from each Round 1 into Round 2 last year, for a
total of 3000. There are 1500 advancers from each round in 2018, for a
total of 4500. The confusion probably arises because there were 500
advancers from Round 2 to Round 3 last year, and that's also the case this
year.

Quoting from 3.1 (b) of the Contest rules:

"You will advance to Code Jam Round 2 if you are one of the highest-ranked
1500 contestants from one of the sub-rounds in Code Jam Round 1."

Please refer to 3.1 (b) for clarification of advancement conditions for all
other rounds as well.

Best,
Pablo

On Wed, Mar 7, 2018 at 2:24 PM, Felix Voituret <felix.voitu...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Well there is three sub round scheduled, but how the 1000 additional
participant are picked ? 333 more per round plus 1 in the last one ?

> Envoyé de mon iPhone
>
> Le 7 mars 2018 à 22:34, Bartholomew Furrow <fur...@gmail.com> a écrit :
>
> That is a sad thing to lose! Plus only one of your submissions counts for
each problem. I guess twelve languages would probably get you through round
2. Maybe someone will make a Shakespeare to JavaScript transpiler.

> On Wed, Mar 7, 2018, 14:08 Luke Pebody, <l...@pebody.org> wrote:
>>
>> You can only use one of twelve different programming languages?!?!?
>>
>> This is the end of an error.
>>

>> On 7 Mar 2018 4:02 am, "Bartholomew Furrow" <fur...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> OK, things seem to have changed a tiny bit. I've read through the FAQ
and here's my attempt at describing what's different:

>>> - Code is now run server-side. You don't download i/o sets.
>>> - Available languages: Bash, C, C++, C# (mono), Go, Haskell (ghc), Java
8, Javascript (nodejs), Python2, Python3, PHP, and Ruby. That covers 97.5%
of what people used in last year's qualification round.
>>> - New "interactive" problems that let the server respond to the user's
output, and vice-versa.
>>> - Instead of small/large, there's now "visible" / "hidden" -- you get
to see your results on "visible" sets. There are some details, especially
regarding resubmission.
>>> - No "ask a question" in the platform -- only email. I presume this
might come for next year.
>>> - There will be a chance to try the new platform prior to the
qualification round, in case 27 hours isn't long enough to figure it out.
>>> - 4500 advance to round 2. 1000 advance to round 3. 1000 shirts.
>>>
>>> I'm really excited about the new problem type, and excited about not
having to deal with i/o files, and about the problemsetters not being
constrained by variable hardware anymore! Does anyone see anything I missed?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-code/CAMAzhzgTpkSGUefgy9bNVyDuLZHaB%3Dj6m1OwO7x35df4hyghgQ%40mail.gmail.com
.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-code/CAHaiWHOspb9VUrD6-VapUsNZv4%2Bx90m_L%3DLjpHyrM8WTcB-cqw%40mail.gmail.com
.