On Wed, Mar 7, 2018 at 2:30 PM, Bartholomew Furrow <fur...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Pablo:
>> The confusion probably arises because there were 500 advancers from Round
>> 2 to Round 3 last year, and that's also the case this year.
> According to 3.1(c): "You will advance to Code Jam Round 3 if you are one
> of the highest-ranked 1000 contestants from Code Jam Round 2."
This further confusion probably arises from me being confusing (thanks Bart
for paying attention!). 4500 people advance from R1 to R2, 1500 from each
of the three subrounds. 1000 advance from R2 to R3.

Felix, I see no 4000 number in the terms or in the rules, so I'm hoping you
just misread the 4500. If not, feel free to ask again.