> Can't you emulate sync calls with async calls in js? Locking would be
> best but can't you always retract to busy looping?

Most async mechanisms in the browser work by posting to the top-level
event/message loop. So you can't really emulate sync calls without
programmatic access to that loop. Spinning in a loop would block the async
callback from ever occurring. The simplest example of this is to try to wait
for a setTimeout to complete. It will never complete.

/kel

--
If you received this communication by mistake, you are entitled to one free
ice cream cone on me. Simply print out this email including all relevant