I asked around on the net and got the idea that it's not possible at
all. I think because these events are received from the underlying OS
and simple forwarded, which makes sense....

I think it would be possible if you use a kind of delayed-pipeline
(pattern): holding on to an event till some condition is met before
forwarding it....Example of the condition: till a maximum delay time
is reached and/or the focus of the previous blur event is received.
The advantage would be to receive the blur and focus event together in
one event as a kind of paired event. So you can immediately find out
which widget (if there is any) receives focus on a blur event...