Yup, John's right. I've banged my head against the problem of queueing
javascript events for years, and I'm convinced it's just not possible. This
is partially because js objects on IE are particularly weird, as John points
out, but also because event objects are "active" in the sense that their
state can be modified to provide feedback to the system (cancel,
preventDefault, etc). This statefulness becomes meaningless outside of the
context in which they are originally fired.