Just played with the -runStyle Manual option....
I am afraid that is not a correct option for me as I will run the
tests during the nightly build and with -runStyle option Manual will
stop when running the test and I have to manually copy/past the
displayed url, like explained in:
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/doc/latest/DevGuideTesting.html#Manual_Mode.
Of course this isn't possible during a nightly build.

I will try the option "-prod", this might bypass the HtmlUnit code
that might give problems as you explain above.
I tried this option in Eclipse and the test do run fine with this
option.

I hope this will solve the problem, as I have no idea what else it
could be :(
In Eclipse, the GWT tests always run fine (through launch files, I
don't use the plugin), and never give me the timeout problem.

If you have any more ideas, giving my posts above, please let me know?