On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 8:46 AM,  <t.bro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Still having stackoverflows when enabling the annotation processor in
> Eclipse. The error I got the last time I tried had a very similar
> stacktrace (see below).

Do you have any self-parameterized types?  Foo<Q extends Foo<Q>> kind
of things going on?  I'd assumed from your original report of stack
exhaustion that it was the eager examination of types.  This looks
like a standard recursion break-condition bug.

> Running the tool from the Maven build gives a lot of warnings like
> those: "Cannot validate this method because the domain mapping for the
> return type (xxx.xxx.Xxx) could not be resolved to a domain type\n\nAdd
> @SuppressWarnings("requestfactory") to dismiss." without pointing at the
> method.

Ok, I'll tweak the error message to include the proxy/context type
being scanned and the method signature.

> Fortunately, I know from my model that this is all due to a single
> method in a base-interface inherited by almost all our proxies.
>
> The few other warnings/errors are legitimate.

Excellent.

--
Bob Vawter
Google Web Toolkit Team