These times are incredible slow. The worst I have seen was around 700ms for
a huge chunk of code. Normally these times are around ~100ms.

Something is seriously wrong. Lets try a couple of things:

1. Up the ram of SDM to see if this makes any difference.
2. Are there any other things running on your system that make it slow
(lots of other disk IO, other heavy cpu tasks?)
3. How much source code are we talking here (LOC, files)?

-Daniel

On Tue, Oct 21, 2014 at 11:23 AM, Jérémie Gottero <jeremiegott...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> [...]
> GET /recompile/adminfront
>    Job com.exalead.mercury.admin.ui.AdminFront_1_5
>       starting job: com.exalead.mercury.admin.ui.AdminFront_1_5
>       Compiling module com.exalead.mercury.admin.ui.AdminFront
>          Ignored 22 units with compilation errors in first pass.
> Compile with -strict or with -logLevel set to TRACE or DEBUG to see all
> errors.
>          Unification traversed 585 fields and methods and 460 types. 9 are
> considered part of the current module and 9 had all of their fields and
> methods traversed.
>          Compiling 1 permutation
>             Compiling permutation 0...
>             Linking per-type JS with 9 new types.
>                prelink JS size = 13769
>                prelink sourcemap = 13769 bytes and 338 lines
>                postlink JS size = 30934783
>                postlink sourcemap = 30934783 bytes and 707368 lines
>             Source Maps Enabled
>          Compile of permutations succeeded
>          Compilation succeeded -- 3,147s
>       Linking into
> D:\ng\src\jgottero\svn\mercury\mercury-adminui\trunk\tmp\com.exalead.mercury.admin.ui.AdminFront\compile-7\war\adminfront;
> Writing extras to
> D:\ng\src\jgottero\svn\mercury\mercury-adminui\trunk\tmp\com.exalead.mercury.admin.ui.AdminFront\compile-7\extras\adminfront
>          Link succeeded
>          Linking succeeded -- 1,753s
> *      8,204s total -- Compile completed*
> GET /recompile/adminfront
>    Job com.exalead.mercury.admin.ui.AdminFront_1_6
>       starting job: com.exalead.mercury.admin.ui.AdminFront_1_6
>       skipped compile because no input files have changed
> *      2,782s total -- Compile completed*
>
> Jeremie
>
> Le mardi 21 octobre 2014 10:48:54 UTC+2, Daniel Kurka a écrit :
>>
>> Hi Jeremie,
>>
>> what do you mean by 15s reload? Does the compiler take 15s to detect that
>> you do not have a change? (this would be bad).
>>
>> -Daniel
>>
>> On Tue, Oct 21, 2014 at 10:44 AM, Jérémie Gottero <jeremie...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> It works like a charm, thanks. I still have ~15sec of "compilation" to
>>> reload the page even when nothing has changed, but I guess it would be
>>> faster with a ssd drive.

>>>  --
>>> .
>>> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/
>>> msgid/google-web-toolkit-contributors/de430b92-1afd-
>>> 4843-8b24-83b33ae3179c%40googlegroups.com
>>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-web-toolkit-contributors/de430b92-1afd-4843-8b24-83b33ae3179c%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
>>> .

>> --
>> Google Germany GmbH
>> *Dienerstr. 12*
>> *80331 München*
>>
>> Registergericht und -nummer: Hamburg, HRB 86891
>> Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg
>> Geschäftsführer: Graham Law, Katherine Stephens

Google Germany GmbH
*Dienerstr. 12*
*80331 München*