We still need IE11 support in the banking sector. We still have a majority of
customers that use IE11 due to technical reasons (plugins needed for accessing
secure token don’t install properly in Chrome without internet access amongst
others).

What do you mean with “next version of GWT” if that is 3.x then I don’t care at
this point. We have been waiting for that release for a few years now. But 2.x
releases should not drop IE11 support it is supposed to be a long-term
supported version.