This is an issue for your obfuscation vendor, not GWT.  My guess is it will
probably work, the existing Java obfuscators I have seen usually do the
right thing.  But Java is so dynamic with annotations and reflection it can
be really hard to obfuscate it and still have something that actually runs.

Give it a try with your obfuscation vendor's tool, if it doesn't work, its
probably an issue with their tool configuration.  The GWT server side is
just a Java servlet, nothing magical.  Reflection usage is pretty typical;
most tools should have switches you can use to ensure method names in your
remote interfaces aren't obfuscated so the GWT RPCs can still complete
normally.