Hi,

Are we talking about debugging using SDBG plugin, setting breakpoints from
the IDE +that kind of thing?

Because if you don't you don't need any reverse proxies for http. I am
using it all the time and development machine where the codeserver runs is
different from the production server. I am also not using the -launcherDir
option. For https support the setup is more involving (and may require some
proxies or certificate handling) and I haven't set it up yet.

In pure superdevmode with -style DETAILED I get a javascript that resembles
a lot my java code and I use that to set breakpoints in javascript from the
browser, Chrome also shows the java sources I think. But even if source
maps are not working the generated javascript is easily readable and
mappable to your original sources.

I am using ssh reverse proxies when I want to debug other browser/OS
combinations with RDP (remote desktop protocol) because in that case there
are 3 computers involved
  - developer machine - runs IDE, codeserver - rdp client - shows client
desktop
  - client computer - rdp server - runs OS/Browser combo to test
  - production server

Now with the https promotion I need to be able to test/SDM also production
https sites and that needs more reading/understanding/work.

    Vassilis

On Thu, Oct 20, 2016 at 11:21 AM, Jens <jens.nehlme...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there a way to debug the GWT application (client and server) just like
>> your plugin allows while running in SuperDevMod while it has been deployed
>> on an application server, e.g. WebSphere with say, localhost:9080/MyApp
>> context root?
>>

> As long as the Application server runs on the same host/ip as the
> SuperDevMode CodeServer it works. Just use -launcherDir to point to your
> /war output folder. If running the application server on a different host /
> ip you would need to use a reverse proxy so that calls to localhost/MyApp
> map to otherIp:9080/MyApp. We use a reverse proxy approach like forever at
> work to either deploy locally or on a different server, and it works pretty
> well. But granted its a bit more work to setup.
>
> -- J.

Vassilis Virvilis