I don't really think this is a bug, as you shouldn't have to include
gwt-user in your war anyway. That's what the gwt-servlet is for. Does
including the gwt dependencies in your pom in the following way solves
the problem ?

See here for the snippet: http://pastebin.com/m5960979b

I'm curious about this so let me know. Thanks

Salvador