Thanks I will try that. Haven't thought of a FilteredActivityMapper. I
already tried a CachingActivityMapper on its own and because of the equality
stuff it doesn't work.

I have just went through some examples but the layoutmvp example posted in
this group also has an activity that starts over and over again on list
selections (but data is local. If it was remote, everytime a request would
be done) and the Expenses sample you have mentioned just has one activity
mapper that holds one instance of its list and detail activities and calls
updateForPlace(...) on them. So no new, clean activities..its more a
singleton approach. Also there is no
FilteredActivityMapper/CachingActivityMapper that wraps the
ExpensesActivityMapper.

Maybe you mean a different example? In mobilewebapp its not used either.