Yeah its a migration to activities and for simplicity I have only defined a
single display area. Thats somehow the "work area" of the app.

The reason is that I have a custom widget (layout panel) that can do quite a
lot of things. So for each place I have that custom widget that effectively
wraps a list selection, toolbar and the "real" content area and that widget
goes into the display area associated with my activity manager. So my
Activity has to handle both: list selection and loading the selected item.

I have thought about removing the list out of that widget and instead create
a separate display area/activity for it.. but that would result in to much
refactoring for an initial migration to activities as that custom widget is
used everywhere in the app. Well and I haven't had a clue that not doing so
would lead to the "problems" I now have :) If I would have two separate
display areas, only the one displaying the list selection would need that
place filtering/caching, right?

I'll take a look at a custom CachingActivityMapper.. we'll see.

--J.