On Friday, 01 July, 2011 04:13 AM, cri wrote:
If you go to
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/doc/latest/DevGuideMvpActivitiesAndPlaces.html,
you'll see the note:

******************
Strictly speaking, MVP architecture is not concerned with browser
history management, but Activities and Places may be used with MVP
development as shown in this article. If you're not familiar with MVP,
you may want to read these articles first:

     Large scale application development and MVP, Part I
     Large scale application development and MVP, Part II
******************

This has sent two of our development teams off in the wrong direction.
I would be willing to venture that it has confused others as well.

The problem is that folks go into the Part I and II articles and
assume that GWT's MVP framework is being described and they go off and
duplicate it. But these articles don't describe GWT's *current* MVP
framework. Instead, the articles describe an approach to MVP that
preceded GWT official support.

Personally, I think that the reference to these articles should be
removed from the MVP documentation pages so folks won't go merrily
down the wrong path as others have.

What is the best MVP we can use with GWT? I am currently looking for some lightweight MVP framework with some samples that will give me the scaffoldings. With the connection to a database, through the RPC. I am also trying to understand how login-logout fits the MVP scenario and how when user is "logged in" the view is updated as data is modified in the database. I cannot see any example having a RPC service which connects to database, say through hibernate. - Xybrek