I still don't understand the need for dart.

if it would be cross-compiled so where is the advantage over gwt? in
gwt we have the language that we allready know and tools that were
worked out over years.
if it will be incorporated into browser as virtual machine than just
why not to incorporate the jvm? licensing issues?

and another thing - javascript is extremely powerful scripting
language. (as far as it is used for scripting -> max 300 lines of code
it's flexibility is a real power. when comes to maintaining bigger
apps this flexibility occurs to be serious flaw, but it the place
where gwt enters the play.

as i look closer at DART i start to suspect that probably it is not to
replace javascript but to replace java (and so avoid dependence to
oracle)
but do they think they can provide something better than java which
gained its maturity over years?