Hello,

thank you for your help! I have got it running now, but I am not happy with
it.

After trying around with integrating the CSS code provided here into the
outer LayoutPanel, I soon found myself traversing discussion groups about
HTML/CSS. In these groups, people are also talking about browser-specific
things, bugs and workarounds. However, I remember that it was the promise
of GWT that we never have to worry about browser-specific things again,
because the GWT compiler automatically produces the correct code for all
browsers, including any workarounds and all that.

There seem to be two different worlds coming together when making GUIs in
GWT:
On the one hand. there is the "outer layer", the overall page layout, that
you can build using the "GWT layout system" including the set of powerful
layout panels.
On the other hand there is the "inner layer", the widgets, controls,
buttons, labels, checkboxes and so on.

I believe that the client code for the outer layer is mapped into the
clients browser-specific world by the GWT compiler. But the inner layer
will reach the client without any mapping. Doesn't this ruin our browser
independency?

It was said in this thread, but is this the way to use GWT?

Magnus