Hi all,

As some of view may already know, I'm porting GWT to use Maven as the build
system (instead of Ant). I'm also about to "reboot" GWT+Maven integration
(more to come by the end of the week, stay tuned).

As part of this effort, I'm wondering which project structure to use as the
default, "standard" layout for GWT projects using Maven? I'm particularly
looking for advice/preferences for GWT library projects (such as GWT
itself, mgwt, Errai, GXT, etc.), not much for GWT applications (the one you
run the GWT Compiler on).

NOTE: this poll is cross-posted to the GWT and gwt-maven-plugin groups,
please answer only once! (wherever you want)

The question is about where to put files such as: GWT module descriptors
(*.gwt.xml), GWT "processed resources" (*.ui.xml, etc.), and super-sources.
It comes without saying (for me at least) that Java sources would go into
src/main/java and "public resources" (i.e. the things within **/public/**,
e.g. the CSS and image files from the themes) into src/main/resources, so
the "everything" below only refers to those other files listed above.
Remember I'm only interested in defining the "standard layout" for GWT *
libraries*, and please think about them as *GWT-only* libraries, not the
kind with server-side and client/server-shared code!
Note that in any case, src/main/java is also added as a resource folder
(packaged within the JAR)

Here are the alternatives I thought about:

   1. everything in src/main/java
   super-sources in src/main/resources
   2. everything in src/main/resources
   3. everything in src/main/resources
   super-sources in src/main/super (or gwt-super, or some other name, let's
   discuss that later as I suspect it's a bikeshed)

When casting your vote, do not hesitate to explain *why* you prefer that
particular layout over the others, or why you don't like one of the
proposed layouts. Also feel free to propose a fourth alternative.