Hi,
 I have wrote a simple benchmark suite in java and I have run with JavaSE
1.7.0 and, thanks to GWT, I have run the same code on Firefox,Chrome,MSIE
and Opera.

My results, with the experiment details are published
here:http://thegoodcodeinn.blogspot.it/2013/02/gwt-benchmarks-gwtjsvm-vs-javavm.html

You know, Javascript VM have highly improved recently but how good is GWT
at compiling java into Javascript? And.. how efficient is the GWT compiled
code+JsVM compared to Java bytecode running on a Java Virtual Machine??
I was just curious about.

Hope you like this experiment, comments are appreciated.
Have fun

Fabiano

PS:
My benchmark is oriented to numeric, data crunching; no multimedia.
I'll also release the benchmark code later.. if requested. I'm only a bit
lazy at the moment.