I can definitely confirm that with the closure compiler enabled the
compiled size drops on the few apps I've tried it on, on the order of 5-15%
(no hard and fast numbers yet, working on such a writeup now). I can
confirm both a performance and size improvement with turning off cast
checking, but I ran those tests around two years ago, and was mostly
targeting IE6/7/8 and around Firefox 3 or 3.6.

218.248.6165
niloc...@gmail.com