From: gpfsug-discuss-boun...@spectrumscale.org
<gpfsug-discuss-boun...@spectrumscale.org> On Behalf Of Jonathan Buzzard
Sent: 16 May 2018 10:02
To: gpfsug main discussion list <gpfsug-discuss@spectrumscale.org>
Subject: Re: [gpfsug-discuss] SMB quotas query

On Wed, 2018-05-16 at 08:51 +0000, Sobey, Richard A wrote:
> For us the only one that matters is the fileset quota. With or without
> –perfileset-quota set, we simply see a quota value for one of the
> filesets that is mapped to a drive, and every other mapped drives
> inherits the same value. whether it’s true or not.
>
> Just about to do some SMB tracing for my PMR.

I have a fully working solution that uses the dfree option in Samba if you want.

I am with you here in that a lot of places will be carving a GPFS file system
up with file sets with a quota that are then shared to a group of users and you
want the disk size, and amount free to show up  on the clients based on the
quota for the fileset not the whole file system.

I am really not sure what the issue with the code path for this as it is 35
lines of C including comments to get the fileset if one exists for a given path
on a GPFS file system. You open a random file on the path, call gpfs_fcntl and
then gpfs_getfilesetid. It's then a simple call to gpfs_quotactl.

JAB.

--
Jonathan A. Buzzard                         Tel: +44141-5483420 HPC System
Administrator, ARCHIE-WeSt.