On 12.10.2016 11:59, isukritgupta wrote:
> I calculate a normalisation constant for each iteration of the network
> generated by 'mcmc_equilibrate'.

mcmc_equilibrate() will generate fits of the SBM, i.e. partitions of the
network according to the posterior probability. It will not generate networks.

> This constant is the sum of probabilities
> of each edge existing between all pairs of nodes in the graph.

No, you should consider only all pairs of nodes that are _not_ connected in
the graph. This is about predicting _missing_ edges.

> To get the actual value of an edge existing in the graph, I divide the
> probability of that edge existing in the graph by the above mentioned
> constant.

(Note that this probability will correspond to the question: Assuming there
is only one missing edge in the network, what is the likelihood of it being
a particular edge? You have to be sure this is what you want to compute.)

Tiago de Paula Peixoto <ti...@skewed.de>

graph-tool mailing list