Hi Moritz,

>Maybe we could try to organize a "virtual sprint" where we all decide of
>a day and time for which we all prepare windows machines so that we can
>try to concentrate on this, major, issue and hopefully solve it "once
>and for all".

maybe the GRASS Community Sprint Vienna 2014
(http://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_Community_Sprint_Vienna_2014) would
be a good place ...

>But we also need to answer the fundamental question on how far we should
>go in doing things for Windows users, instead of showing them the way to
>do it themselves.

also IMHO this is the main question, both possible solutions need a lot of
care and also work; and
I'm worried losing possible winGRASS-users with latter.

-----
best regards
Helmut