On 17/10/16 18:10, Anna Petrášová wrote:
On Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 11:59 AM, Moritz Lennert
<mlenn...@club.worldonline.be> wrote:

A computer science student of our university will probably start working on
an active learning framework for image classification in GRASS. This means
(in brief) selecting some pixels/objects and assigning them to a class,
using them to train a machine learning classifier and then identifying those
unclassified pixels/objects that would best improve the classification if
the user assigned them a class.

There will, therefore, be some interaction between the user and the GUI and
I was wondering if there is some howto explaining how to approach the coding
of a g.gui.* module. I know there is the GUI part of the programmers manual
[1], but this is "just" a list of functions and classes, but no

Any pointers ?

I believe the only thing there is is this example of GUI application:

but I am pretty sure it needs to be updated, because it's couple years old.

Well, for starters,

make MODULE_TOPDIR=../../../../dist.x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/

gives me:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/mlennert/SRC/GRASS/grass_trunk/dist.x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/scripts/g.gui.example", line 45, in <module>
    from core.utils import _, GuiModuleMain
ImportError: cannot import name GuiModuleMain

I'll look at this more in detail when I have the time...

grass-dev mailing list