Michael Barton:

I add that there is probably no perfect solution to this question.
There is no intent to be exclusive. But tt is not always easy to ID who
is actively contributing. For example, compiling and disseminating
GRASS binaries is an essential contribution to the project, but anyone
maintaining binaries does not necessarily need write access to the SVN,
even though they might have such access. So we should probably continue
to evolve how we identify contributors as the project itself evolves.
However, changing policies in the midst of an ongoing election can
cause confusion and possibly even more hard feelings that otherwise.

Yes, I understand. And, I do agree (point iii) in my other e-mail).

The main thing is for you not to feel badly about managing this first
time election. An important principle is that we will begin to have
regular elections to allow more participation and the ability to evolve
how we manage this.

Not at all.  I feel lucky to be part of this process.

Nikos