On 18/12/18 21:54, Markus Neteler wrote:
Hi PSC,

I have drafted a new Wiki page at
https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_GIS_Budget_2019

... to be done in the Wiki page:
- what is the surplus of 2018? (Martin or Moritz?) - please add

The current amount in the bank account is 1159,61€, but I think Martin has never been reimbursed for the 2018 Sprint as I never received the bank account info.

I don't know if the amount on the bank account is to be considered a "surplus". For that we would need the detailed accounts of 2018, not only the planned expenses as currently in [1].

Looking at what we had left at the end of 2017 (1592,85€ according to [1]), this would mean that we actually have a negative balance of 1159,61€ - 1592,85€ = −433,24€, if what is on the bank account is all that is left (i.e. no other sums lying somewhere else).

- since 2016, we have some offlist we-need-a-new-web-site discussion
(see below), some figure added
- decide about community sprint in Bucarest at FOSS4G (a no-brainer I think :-)
- decide about other sprints throughout the year

I think a second sprint somewhere in February/March would be nice. Is there a general OSGeo Sprint planned again ? If the information in the "Planned expenses" table in [1] is correct, we should probably aim at something like 2500-3000€ if this is possible.

- your ideas

Proposal: Web site update

For years we have a CMS with a style which does not really support
mobile devices. Furthermore, it looks a bit old fashioned etc.

Nicolas Boson (who has ample experience in creating OSGeo related Web
sites and recently the symbol set etc) offers to redesign the site.
In our offlist discussion we came up with the idea to switch to
markdown etc. This could all be discussed in a separate email thread.

Sounds good. Is he willing to do this for free or should we try to raise some money in the community to finance this ?

Overall, time to prepare the budget. We may ask OSGeo for financial
support here.

I think the main support would be for travelling costs to sprints.

Moritz

[1] https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_GIS_Budget_2018.