moving from one location to another location (which usually is/should be
of another projection) is "safely" done with v.proj. Why use another
command for that?
Then v.proj should support:
* -r flag for importing only the current region extend
* -ship_project flag if source & target locations have the same projection, can also be detected automatically.
* -d: delete source dataset after successful reprojection
The same should apply for r.proj

if you want to mix things you must use multiple mapsets from the
same location with @othermapset.
Image the following use case:
You have project location.
Then you would like to test out some new processing workflows or developed a new methodology. In order not to pollute the project location with a lot of test rasters, you start a new location to do the testing.
Maybe I am misunderstanding the concept of mapsets.
And that the develpers meat mapsets to provide this kind of functionality.
So will removing a mapset also automatically remove all datasets that belong to it?

Imagine a shared location with common data such as world borders or GSHHS.
It would not be space efficient to import such large data into every new project. Rather sharing the common location when needed.
I find that your question/thought makes sense. I faced myself this in
the past.
Thanks for this support ;-)

 I decided to build a location called ellas (=greece) where I
put everything that covers/has to do with greece. From there I "pull" it
to wherever required, do what has to be done and erase if not required
anymore.
What command do you use to "pull"?
v.proj & r.proj?

Regards,