On 22/04/13 14:41, Vincent Bain wrote:
Thank you Moritz,

- I'm not sure I like the difference in size of cat values between
layers. It gives the idea that there is one important and two secondary
layers.

Sorry, I don't understand. Cats values are all the same font size in the
drawing (I turned "1" values to sth else, perhaps an optical illusion)

Sorry, I was confused by your "id". I'm not sure that this id is helpful in your drawing as most users will never be confronted to id's, only to cat values. I think making them this prominent in the drawing might cause more confusion than help in understanding.

- Your attribute table examples all show the classical GRASS usage of
category values as indicators of type (type of path, type of plot).
Maybe, just to make that point clear, you could use a table with
individual cat values for each feature and a second column with type.

You mean showing that "cat" is nothing but a key column, not necessarily
refering to whatever values in an /exotic/ source of data ?
+
I changed column name "cat" to "type" for layer 2

No, what I meant is to have a unique cat for each plot in layer 2 and then have an attibute table with columns cat and type, the second then giving the type of the plot, while the first is a unique identifier of each plot.

Moritz