On Thu, 14 Dec 2017, Stefan Blumentrath wrote:

I would assume, being able to have package based installations of test
versions in parallel to the current stable would make it easier for casual
testers or people interested in certain features of development versions
to get more involved in early testing in general… Meaning, if that is
technically possible it could be a good thing to do, in order to increase
number of testers and early adopters… Just a thought…

Stefan,

  I used to run the svn trunk version along with the stable version but
finally dropped the latter. Running the latest release code I've found a few
bugs or inconsistencies and the developers have quickly applied patches.
Sometimes within the hour. While I'm not using all modules or different data
types when I do find something that needs fixing I make the developers aware
of the problem so others don't encounter it.

Regards,

Rich