Thanks all
problem solved. I removed the version of StrucBreak from my HDD in the Apps
subdir, deleted an older 2021a version of Gretlin Program Files also
loitering just in case (hoping the current 2023c version will  come back to
bite me by requiring any reference to older Gretl versions) and then
reinstalled StrucBreak.
Brian