Hiya,

On 14/10/15 20:57, heasley wrote:
> Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 09:44:01AM -0700, Stephen Farrell:
>> And introducing new protocols without improving that
>> goes against very long held IETF consensus that protocols
>> need to have some actually usable strong security mechanism
>> defined.  It seems the wg here get that but are choosing to
>> do nothing about it - I mean in their day-jobs, not that
>> writing RFC text is "doing something." The responses to the
>> secdir review seem to make it clear that the claim that
>> IPsec can be used is mythical, so this discuss to ask that
>> the security considerations properly document the utter
>> absence of any modern way to secure this protocol and not
>> pretend that there are ways that can be used to secure this
>> in the real world.
>
> I'd be happy to see the addition of TLS support in a future document.  I
> also do not want TLS use to be required and I would like to see this
> draft move forward without TLS.

My non-blocking comment asks about the why of that, which I
really do not get, it's not like it's hard or new.

But the DISCUSS from me is about truth in advertising - if
the WG are presenting this as something that cannot in practice
be secured (which is how I read the secdir thread) then that
should be what the document says. (See my suggested text.)

S.