A primary use-case of the BMP data is to provide information to a route
collector/optimizer to determine what feasible paths may be sent to a router by
these offline computational systems.  This requires a reliable transport where
messages are delivered in order.

I understand others may be fine with missed or out of order messages, but this
isn’t something that there is a lot of room to discuss.

I’m not a fan of QUIC but if it provides the ability to resume the session and
preserve the order when there’s a [brief] network disruption that may be
helpful for other use cases.

- Jared