From: Jakob Heitz (jheitz) <jhe...@cisco.com>
Sent: Thursday, March 11, 2021 11:29 PM
To: Graf Thomas, INI-NET-TCZ-ZH1 <thomas.g...@swisscom.com>;
rainsword.w...@huawei.com; rob...@raszuk.net; j...@dataplane.org
Cc: grow@ietf.org
Subject: RE: [GROW] is TCP the right layer for BMP session resumption?

With draft-tppy-bmp-seamless-session, if TCP session is re-established within
the timeout value and buffer is not full, no message lost occurs
This is a leap of faith. How can you be sure that the receiver has not lost any
messages, even if the TCP session ends in FIN?
When processes abort unexpectedly, loss must be assumed unless data integrity
can be specifically proven.

Regards,
Jakob.