Hi,

I think Nick meant API to query the local BGP RIB of the router itself not
the LG.

For DNS domain there are couple of options. For example we could
register new root domain .bgp which would be reserved to be allocated
automatically with well known names like ASN.bgp by RIR which allocates
ASN.

Then lg.[ASN].bgp would be what you are looking for.

> The in-band approach solves this by having the BGP speaker forward the LG
address of peers that announcements have been forwarded to.

Sorry but I assume you know your peers and their ASNs. So not sure I get
the benefit of same session (not even guaranteed) autodiscovery. Besides in
looking glass you normally do not have access to specific ASBR's RIB ...
maybe POP. If so I assume you know which POP to check.

Do you rather mean that you want to autodiscover your peer's POP and in the
case of LG per POP you want to get specific Looking Glass server address
serving that POP ?

Keep in mind that accepting the announcement does not mean it is going to
be used in forwarding or propagated by BGP upstream. If you are looking for
the assurance of the latter I would rather use data plane tools with wisely
chosen src address of say enhanced trace to make sure what you announced is
installed and used by the peer.

Cheers,
R,