Dear GROW WG,

Following the feedback previously on my looking glass draft proposal, I've
updated the looking glass draft (
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-jaufeerally-bgp-lg-cap/), to move
away from a capability mechanism to a new AFI which uses the MP_REACH and
MP_UNREACH messages in the BGP multiprotocol specification (
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/rfc4760) to carry an administrative
message. This administrative message is then defined to have a payload type
that carries a URL for the looking glass (LG), as well as the ASN that is
operating the LG.

The advantage of this approach is that it allows for propagating the LGs of
upstream peers so leaf ASes can check prefix reachability in peers not
directly connected.

Looking at the development of the idea, I think it could make sense to
split the document into one for the administrative message and AFI, and
another for the looking glass message type within that.

I will present an overview of the draft and the expected use cases during
the upcoming GROW meeting at IETF111, so feel free to either comment here
or ask a question in the session if you have any feedback.

Thanks,
Rayhaan