Ben Maddison wrote on 11/03/2022 07:23:
Essential, I would think: how could a far end relying party know that an
AS in the middle of a received AS_PATH is a non-transparent IXP RS in
order to apply any other treatment?

given that they're a shrinking rarity, would it not make sense to completely exclude non-transparent RSs from the ASPA definition? In the short term this would cause problems for ASNs which connect to non-transparent RSs, but there are hardly any left, and only one sizeable one.

I wonder whether it's a good idea to design a long term security mechanism which includes a specific carve-out for a legacy corner case like this.

Nick