Hi. I have the same problem as Peter. Growl is not listed in Applications
or System Pref. But I am getting the updater prompt which always pulls up
the System Pref window (without Growl present) in behind the prompt.

The Growl version installed is unknown. Sierra is the macOS.

I have tried to download the uninstaller as suggested by your site, but the
link (http://growl.googlecode.com/files/Uninstall%20Growl.zip) is invalid.

Thanks,
Steve