Hi,

Is it possible to create a GRPC server in C++ using a pre-fork worker model
and can someone point me to an example. I see there are some C prefork
related functions but I cannot find an example of using this and cannot
quite see how it would work either. I did try myself using
AddInsecureChannelFromFd but I didn't have much success not sure if it is
me simply making a coding mistake or complete miss understanding of the use
case.

Incase it isn't clear what I want to do I'll outline the idea in more
detail.
A parent process creates, binds and listens on the incoming port.
Then the child processes are forked, they then do an accept on the now
shared file descriptor. Only one of the children will accept a connection
and will end up handing that connection but any other connections coming
will be handled by one of the other child processes.

This is a method outlined in UNIX Network Programming, and I think is a
method used in Apache Httpd.

The reason I want to use this method is that I have a code base which is
not thread safe and it would take a long time and a lot of trial and error
to make it thread safe and perform well enough. We have used this method
for other protocols with good effect but none of them are as good as GRPC
in my opinion.

Thanks for any help you can give me in advance.
Stefan Pantos