I finally got it to work using Data- and FormTiddlerPlugin. It turns
out that manually adding them didn't work. I had to install
DataTiddlerPlugin and FormTiddlerPlugin via the ImportTiddler. After
that, I just created a new link in the SideBarOptions to open up a
tiddler based on the form from my FormTemplate tiddler and all is
well.

Simon, thanks for the HideWhenPlugin example, regardless of whether or
not that would have worked.

jen