Hi Konstantin:

I wrote to the list earlier to say that I could reproduce the problem
that you have identified.  I am using MAC Yosemite 10.10 in a VirtualBox VM.

To investigate further, I created a new Yosemite VM and installed
MacPorts, Xcode, Xcode tools, and then ran "port install gtk3 +quartz"
and "port install gtkmm3 +quartz".  After this, running the gtk3-demo
program showed the same problem that you encountered.

When I look at your YouTube video of the gtk3-demo program, I see that
you have a different theme than the default compiled Adwaita theme.  I
was wondering exactly how you installed the dark theme that you were using?

I have been using gtk3 and gtkmm3 to create software for a coffee
roasting company.  I note that in my software, I have exactly the same
problem that you have found.  I just never noticed it before! :-)

I am not an expert on the Gtk3 and Gtkmm3 libraries.  But maybe if we
keep working on it, a solution will appear.  It would be good to verify
that this problem occurs on a "real" MAC and not just on a virtual machine.

Cheers...

jim...   Jim Charlton,