Hi Andy,

thank you very much for this patch. I'll push it as-is, but maybe you
could fix some minor details:

- in TextTag there are some properties that set Pixbufs. These can be
NULL. Could you turn those into Maybe Pixbuf (that's easy, just use
the function attributeFromMaybeObject).
- don't export the constructor of TextAttributes nor
makeTextAttributes and add some documentation to this data type.
- could you convert the onFoo signals to foo in TextView and
TextBuffer? There's no point to create new signals that are called
onFoo since these are deprecated and might be removed once all
signals are changed. You could also enclose all onFoo signals with
#ifdef DEPRECATED conditionals. See, e.g. Widget.chs

There might be more, but I didn't get a chance to look at everything.
Nor do I have time this  WE to bind the TabArray in Pango.

If you want to do something that benefits the whole library, you
could add the foo signals for each onFoo signal throughout. I've done
the first few modules, starting from the top of the Gtk2Hs haddock
documentation, but most remains to be done.

Thanks a lot for your effort!

Axel.