On Jan 24, 2006, at 16:06, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
Ludovic Courtès <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Han-Wen Nienhuys) writes:

Yes, -- FWIW, I warmly recommend darcs, which is much easier to use.

I don't think there's such a huge difference, especially when looking at
[0].  Additionally, most of the commands shown there now have
"easy-looking" counterparts taken from Bazaar, e.g., `branch', `switch',
etc.  Both Arch and Darcs are easy to administrate and deploy.

Anyway, if we were to choose a DRCS for Guile, I think it'd make sense
to favor the GNU implementation.

This is offtopic, but I think that this is kind of politically
motivated reasoning is not in GUILE's best interests.

The FSF is now running an arch server at savannah, see http:// arch.sv.gnu.org for info.

As for the politics, you may have noticed that GNU is a somewhat politically motivated project... :-) But I have no idea if the choice of arch is official, or just what some volunteers were willing to support; ask RMS if you want to know the official position. (Personally, my preference would be svn, which I'm using at work, and svk for associated distributed work, but whatever....)

Ken