Andreas Enge <andr...@enge.fr> writes:

> extempore only compiles on x86_64; elsewhere it fails with the message
>    CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:82 (message):
>    Extempore currently only runs on 64-bit platforms.
> (which is not the full truth...):
>    http://hydra.gnu.org:3000/build/1473446
>
> Could you disable the other architectures?

Yes, will do.  Thanks for the note.

> Maybe this should also be done for the *-for-extempore packages, since
> there is no need to waste hydra cycles on otherwise unused packages.
> I would also hide them using "define" instead of "define-public", which
> would require to put them into the same module as extempore itself.
> What do you think?

I don’t know about hiding the packages and moving them to the same
module.  In the past we’ve kept package variants always with the
original package it was derived from,
e.g. “armadillo-for-rcpparmadillo”, which is only used for
“r-rcpparmadillo” in the “statistics” module, but which inherits from
“armadillo” in the “maths” module.

Back then I also thought that moving them together would be better, but
if I remember correctly I was asked to keep the variant with the
parent package.

I’ll disable the extempore packages for non-x86_64, but I’d like to see
some more opinions about whether to move the variants.

~~ Ricardo