Hi Julien,

> Could this discussion be saved in the cookbook for instance? I'd like
> to have this kind of discussion on the approach of guix and ideas
> behind it somewhere more accessible than the ML archive. Does it make
> sense?

I think it makes sense to archive summaries of such discussions. I am
less convinced that the cookbook is the right place, because design
principles are pretty much the opposite of what I'd expect in a
cookbook. But I don't see any better place and multiplying the parts of
the documentation isn't great either. So... I am undecided ;-)

Cheers,
  Konrad.