Say the sub is 1,000,000 cf. Submerged weight is 62,500,000 lbs. (31,250 tons) and submerged drag is 7,875. To reach 80 mph (less than half of what the SeaQuest can do), it needs 18,666,667 lbs. of thrust, or roughly 933 MW of hydrojets.
Actually rounding means that 900 MW will do the job. But there more power-hungry systems than just the drive, so I plan to use two 500 MW reactors. VXii26 has TL8 experimental fusion reactors, which take 3,000 tons and a whopping 360,000 cf (keep in mind that the 1,000,000 cf are after multipliers). Fortunately, metal armor is heavy and dense. DR 1,000 expensive metal are 7,500 tons. At that rate, I can afford perhaps DR 2,500, depending on the rest of the design. Crush depth will be over three miles. The pricetag will be to the tune of $1,000,000,000. Those numbers mean that the weight and cost of the remaining equipment are small change, but I'll have to watch the volume closely. There are 120,000 cf left for crew, cargo, workspaces and weapons. _______________________________________________ GurpsNet-L mailing list <[email protected]> http://mail.sjgames.com/mailman/listinfo/gurpsnet-l
