you just made my remember deadly tide there is an alien invasion of aquatic aliens they rise the sea level see the links http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deadly_Tide http://www.archive.org/details/012229
http://tinyurl.com/5cbxg3 watch all the Deadly Tide Series: Episode may display/play another item ----- Original Message ---- From: Jon Lang <[email protected]> To: The GURPSnet mailing list <[email protected]> Sent: Sunday, 14 December, 2008 10:58:09 AM Subject: Re: [gurps] Sub Trek I'm going to be running a sci-fi campaign that was, in part, inspired by an anime movie that I caught the tail-end of as a child. (I'm pretty sure that it was "Nadia: the Movie"; but I can't be positive until I've had another chance to watch it.) Part of the storyline involves an alien invasion that, due to space superiority, pins down most of Earth's defenses: the only land-based defenses that can survive for long are the ones buried deep underground, and their lack of mobility dooms them whenever their locations are uncovered. As such, the only viable defenses left are the deep-sea navy. Fortunately, Earth had developed an extensive undersea industry prior to the invasion. Your multirole submarine design should suit my purposes for the most part, although I do have a certain fondness for the deep-sea fighter concept - that is, small high-speed craft that take full advantage of Bernoulli's Principle both for diving purposes (i.e., wing-like diving surfaces instead of ballast tanks) and to survive the pressures of the deep (if you go fast enough, the pressure along the side of your hull is reduced; I suspect that supercavitation is related to this effect). -- Jonathan "Dataweaver" Lang _______________________________________________ GurpsNet-L mailing list <[email protected]> http://mail.sjgames.com/mailman/listinfo/gurpsnet-l Start your day with Yahoo!7 and win a Sony Bravia TV. Enter now http://au.docs.yahoo.com/homepageset/?p1=other&p2=au&p3=tagline _______________________________________________ GurpsNet-L mailing list <[email protected]> http://mail.sjgames.com/mailman/listinfo/gurpsnet-l
